Friday, September 23, 2011

Stampin'Up! BEYOND THE GARDEN Designer Series Paper

Last night the Welcome Committee in our neighborhood got together to welcome 12 new residents. Below see the "chocolate treats" I made to put in the baskets. I was unable to attend so I left the treats at a neighbors house in my new THIRTY ONE insulated bag.


For the treats, I used BEYOND THE GARDEN DSP and chocolate chip card stock. I stamped "welcome to the neighborhood" in real red directly onto the DSP. I topped that with a red bow which made for a quick and easy treat. I slid my SU business card in the back of the sleeve in hopes that some of the new residents will be interested in stamping.
The reason I could not attend tonight's get together was that I went to "A Conversation with Dr. Maya Angelou" with my daughter, Shelley. Before going to see Dr. Angelou, we went to Ibiza for dinner. The presentation was lovely and the food was delicious.


Below Shelley and I are enjoying some adult conversation ~ kinda hard to do with the 7 year old granddaugther who is with us most of the time.


Then we were off to the "Conversaton with Dr. Maya Angelou" at St. Paul's United Methodist Church in Houston (cameras were not permitted). Dr. Angelou's quote "when someone shows you who they are, believe them" changed Shelley's life back in the 90's so I'm so thankful she had this opportunity to see her up close and in person! I was so pleased that Shelley asked me to share the evening with her. Dr. Angelou opened the "conversation" with the song This Little Light of Mine, I'm Going to Let It Shine. She stressed the importance of being more than what you appear to be. Another thing Dr. Angelou pointed out .... COURAGE is not something you're born with, it's something that you have to develop. I had such a delightful evening sharing this experience with Shelley.


Until next time, I hope you will do something good for yourself and stamp daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment