Friday, February 3, 2012

"HEART DISEASE doesn't care what you wear ~ IT'S the #1 killer of women"*


is a red alert that inspires women to take action to protect their heart health. On the first Friday of February each year, women and men across the country unite in the national movement to give women a personal and urgent wake up call about their risk of heart disease. I hope you will join me in wearing something RED today!
Today's post is in honor of my sister who was diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy several years ago and in loving memory of our two brothers who passed way too early ~ at 20 and 42. It's quite ironic that I go for my recheck today making sure nothing has changed these past three years. Ladies, I urge you to listen to your bodies and get checked before it's too late.


*Registered trademark of HHS and AHA

No comments:

Post a Comment