Sunday, October 16, 2011

OUT and ABOUT........

For those of you who follow my blog, thanks for joining me today. Just to give you an update on where I've been and what I've been doing.....I'm currently in Charlotte. My husband's employer gave him (Ronnie) a surprise retirement party October 6th after 44 years of service. Since my September post, I've spent numerous hours going through a lifetime of photographs to put together a power point presentation for the evening. Thanks to my friend and neighbor, Christy, the presentation turned out fantastic. Shelley (our daughter) and I flew to Charlotte the afternoon of the dinner and we were picked up at the airport by our son, Eric. From the airport, we went straight to the restaurant. Now keep in mind, Ronnie had no idea of the party nor anything about Shelley and I being there. What a SURPRISE it was. We had a fabulous evening and one we won't soon forget. Here's Ronnie coming into the private room shaking hands with Randy (a former boss) being followed by Dave (another former boss who was responsible for getting Ronnie there). At this point, Ronnie has no clue Shelley and I are there.
Below is my sister and former SU co-hort, Sue (left) and me at Carrabbas having dinner last weekend.


And below are our sweet kids ~ Eric and Shelley. Even though we missed having our granddaughter and son-in-law in for the retirement festivities, it was great being with Shelley and Eric. They share such a special bond even though there's 7 years difference in their age.

Last weekend, Eric took us to the US National Whitewater Center here in Charlotte. None of us, even though we're native Carolinians, had been there except Eric. What a neat place. Even though I'm too old to partake in the activities, it's a great place just to go and enjoy the outdoors.

I'll be sharing some other things I'm doing throughout the upcoming week. Again thanks for your patience. I hope at some point to get back to blogging on a regular basis. Have a great Sunday.

So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled. 1 Thessalonians 5:6

No comments:

Post a Comment