Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stampin'Up! BIG SHOT and SCALLOP DIE

I'm sharing with you today a quick tutorial on how to make the cookie monsters that I showed yesterday (see below post if you missed it). First of all I ran a piece of whisper white card stock through the Big Shot using the Scallop Die so you could see the contrast. You will not need to do this when you make your own because you will be able to see where on the Die to place your folded card stock.

Secondly, I cut a piece of card stock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.

As you can see, I placed the yellow card stock across the Die leaving five scalloped edges across the top. This is how you get your fold rather than the edge being cut.

Lastly here is your finished product. Now you can leave how ever many scallops you'd like to at the top. I normally use uneven numbers just because that's how I am. But if you want a smaller fold, then use only three OR experiment to see just how many you like best.

Now wasn't that easy peesy? Remember that you can do this using most any Stampin'Up! Die. The Holiday Stocking Bigz L Die featured in the new Mini Holiday Catalog is a great one to use this technique on. Instead of just a flat stocking, you can make it into a card.

That's all for today. I hope this has given you another suggestion for using your Big Shot and Dies. If you do not have a Big Shot but it's on your wish list, please email me at shirley.mckay@ymail.com, for my promotion details. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon. Do something good for yourself; stamp daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment