Monday, April 26, 2010

BIRTHDAY SHARE


Yesterday was my 59th birthday. You know the old saying "any day above ground is a great day". Well those are my sentiments exactly. I'm just blessed to be here!
The kids gave me this card ~ I hate the price you pay for those store bought cards, you know? ~ but it is beautiful and especially the verse inside was so special. Eric did a great job for he and his sister. For my birthday and Mother's Day gifts (probably for the next several years), Shelley and Eric gave me tickets to Oprah's Live Your Best Life Weekend in NY. This will be a mother/daughter weekend (sorry Eric). Shelley worked diligently to get us tickets to Oprah's LYBL and to make flight and hotel reservations for the weekend. Here's just a preview of our Mother's Day weekend:
Friday - Shelley leaves TX; I leave NC to meet each other in NY
Friday afternoon - Registration; then free time
Saturday - Opening remarks by Oprah, Seminars with Dr. Oz, Nate Berkus and Peter Walsh
Saturday evening - LYBL Weekend Reception at Radio City Music Hall hosted by Oprah
Sunday - LYBL 2 mile walk that Oprah will lead
Sunday afternoon - Shelley returns to TX; me to NC
Be sure to check my blog those days as we'll be posting from NY.....I can't wait!

Now I want to share with you the beautiful handmade cards I received from my sister, Sue, and other close friends for my birthday. I treasure each and every one because I know the time and thought that goes in to making handmade cards. Thank you Sue, Linda K, Bernice M, Betty M and Doris D for remembering my special day.

Do something good for yourself; stamp daily!




No comments:

Post a Comment