Saturday, January 23, 2010

UPDATE FROM SHELLI GARDNER, SU'S COFOUNDER & CEO, ON EFFORTS TO HELP HAITI (1/30 post by Shelli)

In addition to donating portions of the proceeds from the sale of a certain stamp set depending on each market, Stampin’ Up! bought some supplies for 5,000 hygiene kits. A few of our vendors also donated supplies for the kits as well.
We invited our employees to help assemble the kits over the next few days, and apparently the response was so enthusiastic that they got all the kits assembled in one day! I felt badly when I found out—I was working from home today and planned on helping assemble the kits later this week.
But when I opened the pictures they sent me from the home office, I admit that I teared up a bit and my heart almost burst. My disappointment at not being able to work side by side with others in this good cause was offset by the tremendous sense of pride I felt to be associated with people who are so willing to help out in any way possible.
It’s only fitting that in one of the pictures was our own Stampin’ Up! president Dale Fillmore, because the idea for the kits was his. Like so many of our Stampin’ Up! employees, demonstrators, and customers, he was looking for a way to help that would truly be beneficial.
We are excited to get these kits shipped off as quickly as possible; we are working through an organization that is already recognized and involved in the relief efforts. And our thoughts and prayers are with the innocent people who have been so devastated by this terrible event.

No comments:

Post a Comment